Martial Arts is a dynamic sport that challenges all aspects of a person: the mind, body, and spirit. You are trying to not only beat an opponent, but also predict what move they will make next. It takes mental fortitude, stamina, and balance to perform martial arts effectively. Becks Martial Arts in Fort Collins specializes in the Korean martial art form of Taekwondo. Besides being able to beat an opponent, the study and practice of martial arts has many benefits.
THE BENEFITS OF MARTIAL ARTS
- Total body workout. During a martial arts session, you will be in constant motion. Kicking, punching, and grappling are hallmarks of martial arts as every muscle in your body will probably fire at some point. You will become more physically fit, lose weight, and increase your stamina, muscle tone, flexibility, balance, and strength. Need we say more?
- Self-confidence will skyrocket. Being able to move your body efficiently and take down opponents gives you a feeling of empowerment. You will become more comfortable with your body and what it can do as well as more comfortable when entering unfamiliar environments. Being constantly pushed beyond your comfort zone, you’ll discover that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.
- Better manners. This is especially important if you have kids. Almost all martial arts programs instill values of self-control, discipline, respect for others, and leadership into their students through their martial arts programs. Martial arts is known for using “sir” and “madam,” lost art forms amongst today’s youth.
- Focus. Martial arts requires a lot of patience in order to master. It teaches you to be still, to discover your weaknesses, and to listen to those around you.
- Real world skills. The primary motivation for many people to learn martial arts is for self-defense purposes. When faced with an attacker, you have seconds to react. The intent of martial arts is to give you the skills and the practice necessary to execute on reflex, so when it counts, your training will come through.
- Overall health and wellness. The health benefits of martial arts are numerous: improved flexibility, coordination, strength, power, weight loss, muscle tone, and mental fortitude. Working out puts you in a better mood as serotonins and endorphins are released, and may even make you happier. Martial arts training is also great stress relief, especially after a long day at work.
Becks Martial Arts strives to be the best martial arts school in Fort Collins. Offering classes for adults and kids, Becks Martial Arts specializes in Taekwondo. We focus on having fun while learning the focus and skills needed to be successful in the martial arts. We do our best to inspire our students to be the best they can be. We value community service and regularly volunteer in the Northern Colorado area.
Becks Martial Arts highly values character traits, and we focus our training on courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control, and indomitable spirit. Our Taekwondo classes are age-appropriate,progressively get harder, and require more of students as they age. We do our best to promote character and integrity at home through homework sheets and belt advancement opportunities. Contact us today to learn more, and get started with a free Taekwondo class!